Wednesday, December 17, 2014

So tsū Me! - Updated 1/3/2015



There is a new kid on the social media block and her name is "tsū" (pronounced Sue).  But don't let the name fool you, she is anything but your run of the mill social media patform.  She is different. 

I know, I can hear the groans already, "another Facebook and Google+ wannabe".

Although tsū is very similar to Facebook, Google+ and Twitter, the big difference with tsū is that the content provider (you) is paid for the content that you post!


Now that I have your attention, let's look at the first few steps of using tsū:

  • You have to be invited by someone.  This may change in the future, but at launch time only invitees are allowed to sign up.  If you want to use my invite code, it is HERE.
  • You do not automatically get income when you sign up.  You need to use the platform just as you would use Facebook or any other social media.
  • When you post to tsū, you can link that post to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram where it will appear to your network on those platforms.  There is no Google+ link at the moment, but there is discussion of that coming at a later time.  

I am still working through the initial steps myself, but so far I like what I see.  Below is a little more information from the tsu website:


How is tsū different?

1. Ownership - We believe in real ownership, which only exists when users own the rights to their content and the economics that come with it. Users should be compensated for their likeness, image and content. It’s simple and it’s the right thing to do.

2. Access - We share social revenues with everyone, for any type of content, size of network or level of influence. Using tsū requires nothing more than what you already do on other social media platforms today.

3. Empowerment - Our model is global, scalable, and designed to empower the user. For the first time every user can be a content creator earning royalties in perpetuity.


How does tsū  work?

tsū shares social revenues that come from third party ads, sponsorships and partnerships. Once economics are created, tsū receives 10% to maintain the platform. Half of the remaining earned revenue is paid to the user who created the content. The other half of the remaining earned revenue is distributed to the user’s network Family Tree. Users on tsū monetize their content and network in perpetuity, which continues to grow alongside the community.

If you want to check out tsū, look me up at https://www.tsu.co/samolteni and follow or friend me.

** Updated 1/3/2015 **

I really did want to like tsū, but alas, I could not.  I deleted my account for the following reasons:

  • There were just too many "seedy" characters with names I could not pronounce that were "following" me. The more "friends" I received, the creepier it became. 
  • But aside from that, the functionality is not up to par with FB. There are no pages or groups over there, so all of your stuff is lumped together under one news-feed. 
  • There is no real security or privacy on the site from what I could see. 
  • There is no way to edit a post after it is posted, you must delete it and re-create it. 
  • As for the so-called revenue, (which was not my driving factor for trying it out) it totalled 6 cents for the two weeks I was on tsū.  So annualized, that would be whopping $1.56! Bear in mind, I just posted as I would on Facebook and Twitter and did not "work" the system like many people are doing.
  • Which leads me to the final reason for deleting my tsū account ...  It seemed to me that it was filled with spam and much mindless drivel along with very little original content.


No comments:

Post a Comment