Friday, January 31, 2014

Fade to Gray


Today through Monday, 2/3/2014, "Fade to Gray" (a short story) is FREE on Amazon.

Get YOURS today!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I0WSB2O





Reviews are coming in ... 


Fade to Gray is an adorable story that had me chuckling to myself. It was all told as if in living color. Not just gray! The writing is down to earth and inviting. I really enjoyed this sweet little escape from my own "age" issues. There is a great message that I was delighted to read. It's funny, real and emotional at the same time. The vulnerability was realistic, relatable and touching. I applaud the author for writing this for us all to enjoy.

Fear of the unknown and fear of getting and looking old exists and should be talked about more.

"Like Edwards Scissorhands attacking a topiary tree, Laura proceeded to trim and style my hair with a speed that scared me. When she was done, I saw my new self in the mirror for the first time. As Laura stood in silence, I sat in utter disbelief at the results of this four-hour experiment and took a few minutes to take it all in."

A fine little story January 30, 2014

Ms. Molteni's second short story doesn't have the poignancy that made the tale of Half-Calf pull at your heartstrings, but it has a reality that is both hard to beat and can be understood by everyone: That first real notice one makes of growing older, and the ends you go to to accept or deny it in your own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment