Saturday, August 16, 2014

Book Review Spotlight - Four Mothers by RJ Crayton

 

"Four Mothers" by RJ Crayton is not your typical collection of short stories. It is truly a breath-taking view into the mind of mothers - their fears, their hopes and dreams for themselves and their children.

As a short story writer myself, I love to read works from other writers of this genre. It takes a special talent to be able to write a beginning, middle and ending to a story within a short amount of space and Ms. Crayton has successfully done this in "Four Mothers".

I especially liked the short story, "As Luck Would Have It", with the original ending. My least favorite was "Two-Day Break", only because it had a rather horrific ending to the story and I am a bit squeamish.

This is the first book I have read by this author and it is very evident that she is a very talented writer. I look forward to reading more from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment